Sunday, July 19, 2009

easy peasy

so i made a super yummy, super easy dinner tonight and i had to share.
i get the Martha Stewart magazine called "everyday food", so it's from there. (which if you haven't heard of it or have never seen it, BUY IT NOW! it's really cheap for a subscription and totally worth it- i use the recipes a ton, and change them because they are so easy)
but it's online too- so here's the link. i followed the basic ingredient directions, but of course i totally changed it.
i added-------
1/2 tsp of tarragon
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
chopped smoked turkey- from the deli
i only used 1/2 a package of spinach
small diced red onion
cut up grape tomatoes
smoked fontina cheese
colby/jack cheese (instead of the cheddar)

all of that- i did to taste- meaning, put as much or as little as you want!
all though i'm not crazy about turning on the oven, it is a great, quick dinner. you can throw in pretty much anything- sausage, mushrooms, ham, bacon, bell pepper.... whatever!
hope some of you try it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ooooh, that looks yummy! I'll have to give it a try. I have the pickiest eaters on the planet though so I may have to modify it so they'll eat it, too. :o)

Okay, and I just have to laugh because the "word veification" that I have to type before I post my comment is "porkie". :o) I guess I'm easily amused!

Jill said...

Yummy, I want to try!